RBI Materials and Corrosion Engineer is responsible to provide support services and supervise on fields of Material science, not only to the Maintenance Division, but also to other Division as necessary.
The RBI Materials and Corrosion Engineer is responsible to provide support to NSRP’s risk-based inspection (RBI) program of the Asset Integrity Division. To perform its responsibility, Minimum works are as follows:
- Responsible for identifying and doing the following RBI Mark ups for the RBI team under for the various process units:
- Corrosion loops
- Piping circuits
- Injection points
- Mixing points.
- Conducting the RBI Software Damage Mechanism Clean up before the RBI workshop and the final Damage mechanism evaluation after the multidisciplinary RBI workshop.
- Interface with refinery personnel from Operations and Technical to obtain accurate process and data and operations conditions for the MCE assessment.
- Be able to pull/extract and analysis lab sample data in LIMS and DCS trends in SDAS.
- Provide expert materials and corrosion advice to stakeholders during RBI assessments.
- Consult with Materials and Corrosion Team to record any bad actors that will require RBI reassessments while RBI reassessment Triggers are being put via Central Engineering Procedures.
- Write RBI procedures and work instruction as and when required.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of inspection methods, their advantages and limitations when applied to the various damage mechanisms.
- Support the RBI process to keep abreast of dynamic improvements to inspection techniques and risk based inspection best practices to ensure the RBI program provides world a world class asset integrity management program to contribute NSRP’s drive to become the Top refinery in the region.
- Overseeing application and interpretation of Vietnamese material and metallurgical codes and other applicable codes and standards within the RBI program.
- Be mentor to the less experience engineers in the group.
- Other reasonable works as requested by his boss.
Education: University (Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent).
Qualifications: University degree in mechanical or metallurgical / materials engineering.
Additional preferred (not mandatory): Master’s degree relevant to materials and/or corrosion engineering, NACE certified corrosion engineer, API 580, NACE CP Level 2, NACE CIP Level 2, API 571, leadership training
- Min 4 years in a materials and corrosion role
- Has awareness and basic knowledge of international codes/standards applicable to Metallurgical and inspection (ASTM Material Standards, API 581, API 580, API 571, ASME VIII, TEMA, NACE, ANSI, etc.,).
- Has thorough knowledge of various forms of “material damage” (corrosion, erosion, degradation, etc.) and their identification along with monitoring and mitigation methods.
- Has sufficient knowledge of the refinery processes.
- Has sufficient experience in doing corrosion loop mark ups, piping circuits, mixing point and injection points.
- Has sufficient experienced in Probability of Failure Assessments using API 581.
- Ability of evaluate the applicability of refinery damage mechanisms based on process fluid, steady state and non-steady state operating conditions, metallurgy etc.
- Has some exposure to chemical inhibitors treatment, cathodic protection, material selection and coating protection is required.
- Be able to work independently in a new work situation and work well under pressure.
- Computer skills (word, excel, access, etc.) needed to maintain the Refinery electronic condition monitoring and historical database.
- Write well enough to prepare presentations and reports, write RBI-MCE assessment notes and recommendations in PCMS
- High responsibility in works. Enthusiastic and dedication to maintaining safe operations enforcing strict conformance with all government regulations, and applicable company procedures and policies.
- Strong decision-making abilities under pressure and innovative to generate innovative ideas. Excellent leadership and communication skills.